Over the last several years, Republicans in Lansing have won many victories for taxpayers, hard-working families, and every Michiganian who wants a bright future for our state. These wins are vital to improving our great state and making Michigan a premier spot to raise a family or build a career.
Under our current governor and president, out-of-control government spending has led to record inflation putting pressure on Michigan families and seniors struggling with raising costs of everything from gasoline to groceries. If re-elected, I will maintain my commitment to fiscal responsibility and economic growth.
As your Secretary of State before entering the Senate, I made it my mission to lead many victories for Michigan’s residents. For example:
- Cutting 25% of the government employees in our offices, while at the same time making both on-line and branch office services easier and better for our customers.
- Continuing to focus on making Michigan’s elections safe, fair and transparent – ensuring the power and integrity of your vote.
- Protecting consumers by fighting against fraud and abuse – I formed the Office of Investigative Services, which tackles fraud, whether by unscrupulous businesses or by citizens trying to cheat the system.
- Purging 1.1 million individuals from Michigan’s voter rolls who were deceased, dual registered or non-citizens, and preventing potential fraud.
As a State Senator and Chair of the Senate Elections Committee I have fought to ensure our taxpayers are represented and our elections are secure.
- As a Senator, I have gotten legislation passed and signed into law to protect victims of human trafficking and domestic violence, strengthen the integrity of our elections, and to help our military men and women to vote more easily and securely.
- In the Senate, I have continued to fight fraud and abuse just as I did when I served as State Representative. I investigated fraud and abuse in intermediate school districts, fighting for subpoena power and held our public officials accountable.
- In the Senate I have continued to cut burdensome regulations and high taxes on hard working Michigan families, small businesses, and property owners. Before my time as SOS, as the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds, I cut $1 million from the budget, reduced staff by 20 percent and tripled online services. I was awarded 14 national awards for programs that save money, improve efficiency and protect ID.
- I know how to get the job done for the people of Michigan and my district.
I hope to have the privilege of continuing my service in the Michigan Senate representing the new 24th District serving Northern Macomb County, Northern Oakland County, Southern Lapeer County, and Atlas Township in Genesee County. If I am re-elected to the Senate, I commit to stay the course by protecting our families, stopping fraud and abuse, eliminating waste, strengthening public education and making state government work for all citizens!